HURRAY!!! 2011 is here!
Hard to believe that its already a brand new year! But its gonna be the best one yet.
Last night didn't go as planned. I was supposed to go with a couple friends to a party to ring in the new year, but after only getting about 3 hours of sleep the night before, that didn't happen. I ended up going to the church, and then home. I think I am getting too old to party the night away... an all-nighter just doesn't hold the same appeal any more. I was in bed at 12:15 and proceeded to sleep a beautifully, gloriously solid sleep until 9:30 am :)
Before I drifted off to dream land, I took the time to think about what this next year has in store and all the possibilities. Lots is going to be changing for me, in fact as of this morning I've already begun to make some of those changes. But I decided to write myself a letter, and seal it until next December 31st. I wrote my "resolutions" and promises to myself. 364 days from now I will read it, and hopefully be able to reflect upon all that has transpired, good and bad. Hopefully mostly good.
I am not going to tell you all the things that I "promised" myself, but I will share a few with you...
In no particular order...
- Make the best food choice possible in each situation (A big part of the changes that I have to make due to having Chron's Disease have to due with my diet and the food that I eat. I am going to be switching to an organic, gluten free diet.)
- Budget... Get on one, stay on it, and stay accountable to my budget buddy.
- Make important relationships a priority
- Create a space that enhances my creativity (gotta find an apartment asap!)
- Daily devotions (something that I haven't always been consistent with)
- Save up for a super sweet vacation.
- Make stress and drama free living a priority (can't sweat the small stuff)
That gives you a small taste of what I am aiming for in the next year. 2011 is going to be challenging, interesting, inspiring, rewarding and require a lot of hard work...
BRING IT ON!