Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My God Rocks!

I just got back from a doctor's appointment. This was supposed to be the one where I got the official diagnoses of Chron's Disease....

Well that DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!! Because I DO NOT HAVE IT!!! Praise the Lord!! I think that my Doctor was as surprised as I was. The tone in his voice and the expression on his face gave away his surprise as he said "You do not have Chron's disease". He actually had to say it 3 times before I fully grasped what he was saying. Of course this was then followed by my actual diagnoses of Ulcerative Colitus.

Now Ulcerative colitus is not by any means an insignificant diagnoses, but compared to the life sentence of drugs and possible surgeries that comes with Chron's, I'm feeling pretty good about it right now. Colitus can also be managed with a much milder drug. So now I get to begin the process of coming off the herculean steroid they have me on :) Now all this does not negate the commitment I made to live healthier, in fact it just makes my resolve that much stronger. A lot of the symptoms with colitus can be managed through a proper diet and healthy lifestyle... so bring on the veggies :)

In other news... God has surprised me once again with His faithfulness... I had pretty much given up the search for an apartment, when He provided the prefect one AND the means with which to pay the deposit :) I move this saturday and God has already begun to provide the things I need to manage a "house" and run a healthy kitchen!

2011 has already surpassed 2010 in amazingness and we're only 4 days into it! I feel so surrounded by the love of God. What an incredible feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment