Thursday, April 29, 2010

Blast from the Past

Yesterday I got some news... not the "hurray, that is sooooo exciting" kind, but the kind of news that make you want to hit something, or scream and yell and cry or do all of the above at the same time. After I was done wanting to hit things, I started singing. Some of the lyrics to Carman's "There is a GOD" popped into my head and I started singing...

There is a hope, there is a light
There is an answer to all answers
There is a flame that burns in the night
And I know, I know, I know there is a God

The rest of the lyrics talk about the basic facts of nature/science that reveal God's glory and His exsistance (you can find them at http://www.ap0s7le.com/list/song/3174/Carman/There_Is_a_God/). The other line in that song that kept repeating over and over in my mind is "If there's a design, there's a designer, if there's a plan, there's a planner and if there's a miracle, there is a God."

So I decided to head on over to Youtube and relive a little of my childhood. Watching Carman "dance" around in overalls, "shoot up a saloon", and go "first Knight" on some demons almost brought me to tears. My spirit needed to be reminded that there IS a God that knows the answer to all things, that has a plan and a purpose far beyond what we know or understand, and He only has our best in mind.

Despite the awful graphics and the super lame 90's dance moves, my soul and spirit we ministered to by a blast from my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment