Thursday, May 20, 2010

In this moment...

Today was a really good day.

One of those days where you get more than you expected accomplished and still have time for a nap. The type of day you look back on and say "wow! I feel good about today!"

Today started early, way earlier than necessary (I woke up at 6 am and was unable to fall back asleep). So I made the most of it, tidied my room, did 2 loads of laundry and made breakfast for "the family". Dropped "M" off at school and headed to KW. I did a ton of running around, got my old car on the road and was able to bless someone with the use of it for a couple weeks while they are getting their vehicle fixed. Had lunch with friends I hardly ever see any more. Got some legal paperwork taken care of. Went to the market. Had a nice chat with my mom. Had a nap at my mom's. Drove back to Orangeville. Had dinner with "the family". Got home, cleaned out the truck and put away the groceries. Got ready for bed, and then had an amazing conversation with "M".

Now I am not saying all this stuff to talk about how wonderful and amazing I am (we already know I am the coolest thing since sliced bread. LOL). I guess what I am trying to point out that for me, it was a wonderfully successful day because I was able "to do relationships". That is what drives and motivates me. I thrive on relationships. Even without the really good conversation that "M" and I had today would have been a great day...

But our conversation was like the icing on the cake, but not just any icing on any old cake. It was one of those moments that make some of the hardest lessons that you've learned in your life worth it. A moment were you know what you're saying is impacting someone else's life for the better.

I've only lived here with "the family" for a little over 2 weeks, but I already feel like I've made a lasting impression. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God placed me with this family. It is such an amazing feeling to know that you are walking out your destiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment