Monday, May 24, 2010

what + if = ???

I went to the movies last night with "the family" and we saw 'letters to Juliet'. And I must say I LOVED it! I'm not going to go into details about the movie. If you've seen the previews then you know its about finding a long lost 'true love'. It was a very nice way to spend a Sunday evening.

Now I'm not bring up this movie because I want to "review" it, or talk about the plot or the premise of finding ones true love. What I want to talk about is part of the letter that is read at the end of the movie.

"'What' and ‘if’ two words as nonthreatening as words come. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: ‘What if?'..."

For anyone who has ever made a mistake, no matter how minor (which is essentially everyone), you know how those words can wreak havoc on your soul. I know that I went through a rough period of time a couple of years ago where the words "what if?" haunted my every waking moment. It was a horrible way to live, if you can even call that living.

On day I decided that I'd had enough. I decided that I wasn't going to let the choices that someone else made dictate my future. I decided to live with no regrets.

So I challenge you to do the same. Don't let the words "what" and "if" ruin your future...

Its a beautiful day! Go out and live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment